104.9 Virgin Radio
Radio stations similar to 104.9 Virgin Radio
- 99.9 Toronto
- 105.3 Kitchener
- Oldies 96.7
- KiSS 107.7
- 98.5 Calgary
- Hot 101.3
- 94.5 Virgin
- 99.9 Kelowna
- Sportsnet 960
- 630 CHED
- Sher-E-Punjab 600AM
- Bounce 99.9
- 101.3 Halifax
- 97.5 London
- 95.9 Montreal
- 107.3 Victoria
- Country 105 - Calgary
- Freq 90.5
- 106.1 Estrie
- Hot Country 103.5
- Country 92.3
- Vancouver 103.5
- 93.7 JR Country
- JUMP Radio 106.9
104.9 Virgin Radio (CFMG-FM) is a Top 40/CHR radio station, located in Edmonton, Alberta, airs at 104.9 FM. Also has a Subsidiary Communications Multiplex Operation frequency, on Punjabi language. CFMG has started broadcasting in 1978 on AM and 1994 was move to FM. Since the beginning of its work format and call sign was changed several times. Now the radio owned Bell Media as a part Virgin Radio network. It is one of the most-listened-to radio in Edmonton.
Slogan: "Edmonton's #1 Hit Music Station"
First air date: 1978
Call sign: CFMG-FM
Owner: Virgin Radio
104.9 Virgin Radio sister stations
- Brooke & Jeffrey In The Morning
- Ty Jordan
- Katie Stanners
- iHeartRadio Nights Shannon Burns
- Friday Night Hit Mix w/ DJ Starting From Scratch
- American Top 40 Ryan Seacrest
- The Angry Kids
- iHeartRadio Top 20
- The Most Hit Music
- Kat Nykolaychuk Kat is born and raised E-Town, left the homeland for BC for a hot minute but couldn’t resist coming back to the hip and lovely folk in Edmonton. Kat never sleeps before midnight, has the best ideas while she’s in the shower, and lives exclusively off of Cheesy Gordita Crunches from Taco Bell. When she’s not at Taco Bell, you can usually find her catching live music around town and searching for the meaning of life in fried foods. She likes to roast and to be roasted. Send your most clever ones her way.
- Brooke Fox A self-described small-town girl living the big city dream, Brooke Fox has worked in morning radio for the past 14 years. She serves as a spokesperson for the Heart Association and the Breast Cancer Foundation, the latter of which presented her with the Outstanding Media Partner Award in 2014. Brooke enjoys her life with her husband and their two children.
- Jeffrey Dubow Young Jeffrey has been described as the “heard and soul” of the show. For 10 years, Jeffrey has brought energy and sarcasm to the airwaves, but he's best-known for his parody songs ("Song of the Week"), which he performs live on the show every Friday morning. He’s written and sung more than 300 songs to date, but he’s still anxiously awaiting a call from a record label to finally sign him to a multi-million-dollar deal.
- Jose Bolanos Jose Bolanos grew up in the restaurant industry, but decided to try stand-up comedy at the age of 23. Soon after, he auditioned for a local radio show and the rest is history. As a key member of the team, Jose entertains the audience with his arsenal of impressions and hilarious characters. Known for his crazy stunts and high energy, listeners also count on Jose for his infectious laugh.
- Mariah McDonnell Catch this girl usually with some sort of snack in hand, PROBABLY A DOUGHNUT! She’s got a big sweet-tooth that’s for sure. Don’t let this kid's serious face fool you, she’d like to say she’s got a puppy dog here but it’s more so her obsessing over pups to adopt and rescue. Mariah has a great love for many genres of music, however she will confess her love for Drake at least once a day. She embraces all aspects of the YEG, mainly the cold and hockey.
- Ty Jordan Ty Jordan is a proud Edmontonian and he is happy to be back working in his home city after living in a few different places across Canada. Aside from radio what does he do? Improv comedy – sports (rugby, basketball) – running – and generally other things that stop him from sitting still for too long. Because he always finds himself so busy he is really bad at binge watching TV shows... Don’t spoil Game of Thrones for him, he’ll get there one day!
- Katie Stanners If you hang with Katie for 5 minutes you’ll learn she’s a mom and that she used to live in Australia (like forever ago)! She’s originally from St. Albert but her time in radio has moved her across Alberta so she’s incredibly happy to be back in Edmonton. Katie loves to snowboard, do a little yoga, play instruments and drink red wine. Fun Fact: She likes to drink white wine too but she’s allergic to apples so it makes her sick. Wait was that a fun fact? She also has a segment featuring a local outstanding woman everyday called, "Woman a Day with Katie".
- DJ Starting From Scratch Revered as one of the top 100 most powerful people in music, DJ Starting from Scratch is considered one of the greatest. Originally from Montreal, Scratch moved to Toronto during high school where he was first introduced to the art of DJing. He explored the music world alongside childhood friends like Director X and Russell Peters.
Radio 104.9 Virgin Radio broadcasts in the following cities on FM or AM:
- Edmonton 104.9